Monday, February 23, 2015

The OSCARS

Let's face it, the Oscars can be a serious snooze fest.  Without a great host or some great musical acts, acceptance speeches can be sometimes the spark you to continue your dreams or just can be too much (let's cue closing music).

But, who watches when the real games begin on the Red Carpet!  

Here's my top 9 looks I absolutely loved last night.



It was hard to pick because there were more great looks then those that "make you say hmmmm".  But,  I have one runner up and one honorable mention!


Runner Up: Rita Ora in Marchesa  

I am a huge fan of Rita Ora and her stylist for always coming correct when it comes to her red carpet looks. The dramatic train is perfect for the setting of the Oscars and the navy blue, dramatic eye, bare neckline, she looks like a dream.  But it wasn't number one for me.  It looks a bit ill fitting in the bodice area but other than that I would give her a rating a strong B+.

Rita Ora looked breathtaking to me!  But it wasn't a knock out punch

Honorable Mention

Solange in Christian Siriano.

Daring, Red and I love it.
 I swear Solange can do no wrong even though it maybe wrong...


Solange Knowles in Christian Siriano

MY TOP THREE WINNING GRAMMY LOOKS! 

GOES TO:

Scarlett, Lupita and Zendaya!

These ladies looked amazing last night!  Scarlett (a.k.a my girl crush) looked ravishing in green and the necklace was a dream, Lupita dripping in pearls......lord that smooth melanin skin and white pearls was just breathtaking and Zendaya's  youthful look with her faux dreads and simplicity of the off the shoulder white gown from Vivienne Westwood, Perfection!


Reason for picking my top 3 from Oscar 2015? 

I will be illustrating one!  Stay tuned for my pick of the "Best Dressed" for the Oscars  

Follow along through my instagram for how they turn out and there's something pretty special to check out if you subscribe to my monthly newsletter by the end of this week!  Subscribe Today!

I want to hear from you.  What were some of your favorite looks last night? Oscar2015


No comments:

Post a Comment